Thursday, December 31, 2009

A week of Saturdays and the end of a year

hamburg
hamburg
lunch
self made plum jam with goat cheese
cake at Mutterland
veggie soup
breakfast
In the morning

Having a week off is so great...but not having any plans and just do what you would like to do is such luxury.
We decided to have "a week of Saturdays" and do all things we love to do on the weekends, like sleeping in, reading, crafting, going out for a coffee, to the museum, having afternoon naps, cook and eat good food. It has been such a good week so far....and I could have a whole month of Saturdays : )

The weather was beautiful on Monday, the sun was shining and and we went out for a walk through the city. I even found this pair of Jeans. I am not so easy when it comes to buying jeans but when I found the perfect one I will love them forever. It took me 2 years now to find a good pair and I am very happy with them.
We got our groceries on the Isemarkets a farmers market which just takes place on Tuesdays and had a great cheese lunch when we came home. I can't get enough of goat cheese with the plum jam I made this summer. It is so good.
On Wednesday we had a good coffee at this nice cafè "Mutterland". We ate a great poppy seed cake which was not too sweet which I thought was nice after eating a way to many cookies around Christmas..
Speaking of cake I found this nice recipe in Nigel Slaters new cookbook called "Tender" it is a beet root - dark chocolate - cake and it sounds so interesting, I am thinking of making it on the weekend.

Well, in the middle of all the Saturdays this week, today already is the 31st of December, the last day of the year. It has been and exciting year for me and I also decided to start this little space. A home for my images, thoughts or memories, and I think it is such a great experience and amazing how many amazing people you meet via this medium. Thank you for coming by and your lovely comments.

A happy new year to everyone!

Maria


10 comments :

Anonymous said...

deine fotos sind ein augenschmaus!
frohes neues jahr auch für dich!

Zelda was a writer said...

happy new year :D

Fine Little Day said...

Looks like you had a very nice week off :) Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

That's such a great idea! Happy New Year!

that kate said...

What an adorable tea pot and tea cups and I love the viewpoint of the last photo. A happy new year to you Maria.

naa said...

this photos are so adorable, I especially like the last one!
Happy new year dear, make it awesome! :)

Dotti said...

Liebe Maria, dir ein ganz famoses neues Jahr! Und noch mehr tolle Samstage. Das ist eine solche schöne, unbedingt nachahmenswerte Idee.

Bussi, Dotti

Irene said...

liebe maria, alles gute fürs neue jahr! ich bin schon gespannt, wie dein rote-beete-schokokuchen schmecken wird - das kochbuch könnte mir auch gefallen :)

Katja said...

Lovely pictures! A week of Saturdays sound just wonderful. We're on vacation from school/work this week too, and we've been just relaxing at home, taking a walk outside, doing little organizing and shopping and watching lots of movies.

Happy New Year!

Rynke said...

Wow, your food looks always so good! It makes me want to cook better food :)

The week of Saturdays is a great idea, I will remember that one!

Have a wonderful 2010!