Sunday, December 27, 2009

quiet days

IMG_1416
some sun and wool socks
IMG_1409
christmas decoration
reading
IMG_1423
IMG_1432
IMG_1445
IMG_1228
The last couple of days have been quiet, which was very relaxing and nice. My parents live on the country side and sometimes when I sit in my room after a while I am realizing how just super quiet it is compare to our apartment in Hamburg and all you maybe hear are the bells from the church every 15 minutes.

We were reading a lot the last days, watched the Royal Tenenbaums, played board games, went out for a walk, catched up with family and friends....and of course had tons of cookies especially at my grandmothers place. My, they are pretty tasty.

But it is now time to get back. The bags are packed and we will make our way back north tonight. I have another week off and I look forward to reading in the new cook book we got for Christmas and trying out new recipes. It is a gorgeous book with a beautifully made cotton cover wrap (the bar code is stitched on it at the back!) And I must admit I look also forward to coming back to the city...

Some quiet and relaxed wishes to all of you
Maria

9 comments :

Irene said...

das klingt alles sehr gemütlich, so sollte weihnachten sein. das cover des kochbuchs gefällt mir übrigens gut!

that kate said...

The quiet days are always well needed. I love the hat and scarf photo. Looks chilly there!

Marion said...

very nice watch... don't know who it belongs to... yours maybe ?
have a lovely end of the year... !

Anonymous said...

Love all the knitted things, and the cookies look just right in their tins :) I just spent 16 hours baking cookies to give away, and it may have banished my sweet tooth...
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

what a peaceful and delightful holiday. enjoy the rest of your time off!

Jenna said...

i love love love the seventh photo, but they're all so lovely!

Anonymous said...

@Irene: Danke dir. Es ist auch wirklich ein ganz tolles Kochbuch : )
@That Kate: Thanks Kate, my mom knitted the hat and the scarf..it is really great and so soft
@Marion: Thanks dear Marion. The watch is mine and was my birthday present and I love it..
@ The girlworks: Oh I know..good cookies take their time...I made gingerbread this year and I baked an whole evening..but it was great to eat them..I plan to bake a few more next year ...: )
@Katrina: Thank Katrina, I hope you have had some great holidays too.
@Jenna: Oh thanks Jenna, but your pictures are always so delightful, too

amy said...

i'm going through a monopoly phase at the moment, i never land on mayfair, so unfair :)

Anonymous said...

I love monopoly..and it is so nice to play for hours around : )