Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow

IMG_1218
klee
ready for winter
snow
first snow
snow

We had a bit snow the other day but since two days it is really snowing...
In a way that trees, cars and everything which doesn't move -at least for a while- is covered with a nice snow "coat". When I woke up this morning I could already feel and see the special brightness in the room which just appears when it is snowing outside. Everything seems so calm and so special. I really like it and I am happy that it seems like there will be a white Christmas this year.

I got myself this wool dress from H&M which will keep me warm, it is already -8° outside. Ah Winter, you make me realize how nice seasons are. How much I loved it as a kid to go out sledding all day coming back starving and eating fresh made cookies from the tray.

I will now start wrapping some gifts and listen to the nice Christmas album from Sufjan Stevens.

Snowy wishes
Maria : )

8 comments :

Trixi said...

Ja, ich bin auch ein Fan von Jahreszeiten - auch wenn man nicht immer mit allen gleich glücklich ist. Aber richtig zu spüren, dass Winter ist, ist schon gut. Leider hatte ich noch keine Zeit, den Schnee zu genießen, da ich gestern den Dachboden aufgeräumt habe und heute auf dem Flohmarkt war. Aber morgen will ich wahrscheinlich Schlittschuh laufen!

PS: Das Kleid sieht interessant aus!

Megan said...

I totally agree with Trixi: that dress looks really cool! I've been quite obsessed with those little bubbly things from knitting, and to have it on your sleeves? that's really a neat idea...and I love your mittens, too! yeah, snow!

ashley said...

Beautiful photos! 8º! burr

Marion said...

This wool dress is absolutely fantastic ! Love the details on the shoulder, and that colour !
We had some snow the past few days, it's not happening very often, but everything is gone now... so sad...

lea said...

hey, i've been listening to that album as well : ) very christmasy. looks like you've had a lot of snow! great!

Maria Helena said...

Oh the snow is so 'real' i can almost touch it !
Sufjan Stevens is great, i don't think i know that album, made me curious...

jenna said...

i love sufjan stevens. and your blog, it's so nice! i'll be stopping by more often! :)

yagmur said...

beautiful photos of cloverrr :)