Thursday, February 4, 2010

A desk story

Desk love
oh sun ...come by more often pleasethe knob
inside
it is old my desk...but I like such signs of age...in any way
The Kaweco pen which I got from a friend. They used to be a sport journalists pen in the 30s
a pen and tea

Last Saturday when the sun was shining into my room for a few moments I couldn't resist to take a picture. You know from this post already how much I like this spot in my flat.
I really do.
I got the desk from my aunt who works in an old kindergarden which used to be a nun-kindergarden and they threw out all sorts of nice things when they cleaned out the cellar...And I was lucky to get this desk. We renovated it and I got a nice knob for it on my last trip to Copenhagen.
I like the fact to have a little drawer in it, to keep letters, pictures and all sorts of things and to see small signs of age, like marks or spots makes it so interesting too...

Apart from a bit of sun I also got a nice belated birthday present. A Kaweco pen. ..Apparently in the 30s many sport journalists used it as it was so short and perfect to travel with or to leave it in the pocket of their shirt...It is so simple and handy due to its lenghts and I look forward to writing with it and having it on my desk..

/Maria

12 comments :

MrsLittleJeans said...

Beautiful view from your window...that would be my favorite spot too! Happy birthday, what a nice present!

amy said...

i have a special desk too and its one of my favourite spots. your handle is so cute!

Marion said...

nice place.

isabelle said...

I just love the second picture!

●• Thereza said...

it is a beautiful desk.... and i love your polaroids too!!

Trixi said...

Ein schöner Blick in die Schublade. Und toll, wenn man solche netten Erinnerungsstücke jeden Tag benutzen kann. Der Stift ist ja auch sehr interessant, damit kann man bestimmt sehr gut Briefe schreiben :)

pierre said...

thank's for the inspiration !

melski said...

What a lovely spot and lovely things :) And so very neat! My desk is much more cluttered and chaotic. Do you plan to come to Australia soon?

Dotti said...

Liebste Maria, wir schreiben mit dem gleichen Stift! Ich bin begeistert. ;)

sunny said...

Thank you for sharing your desk with us! I especially love the glimpse into the drawer!

Hausfrau said...

Your lovely photos remind me of a Japanese magazine that features ordinary, everyday items that people use.

\@-@/ said...

if i had your desk, i will always be inspired to work!^^
and your window, it's amazing! i like tree tops.