Sunday, October 16, 2011

knit in Spring

resting pears
knitted socks
rhubarb stew

Some calm images from an old film roll.
# Resting pears before I cooked them in orange juice
# My grandmother made knitted socks for me, a shame it will be soon too hot to wear them
# We made strawberry/rhubarb compote yesterday to top our breakfast with it

I had the camera around my neck today after having blood-orange juice with a friend. It was a nice long walk and soon I will show you what a sunny and pretty day it was here today.

>> These images make me pretty excited for our trip to Tasmania next month
>< The new M83 album will be out soon, you can already listen into it here. I think it is pretty amazing!
<< Next time I am in Melbourne, I would like to stop by this beautiful looking shop

14 comments :

Hannah said...

How nice to have handmade socks :) But what a pity it will be too hot to wear them soon, today was so warm! xx

NICOMADE said...

look at those gorgeous socks! they feel that much cozier when they're handmade, right?

jana said...

das Birnenfoto ist schön! Rhabarberkompott hätte ich auch gern...und ich hoffe meine selbstgestrickten Socken fertig zu haben, wenn der Winter kommt. Hier ist es gerade auch wie im Frühling...Sonntagsgrüsse!

Anna Emilia said...

Always so sweet to have a moment of Sunday with you here through your photos.

Enjoy those socks, they will wait for you in the autumn again!

WSAKE said...

these pictures almost look like autumn here in germany - pears and socks... such lovely colours!

quiet days said...

Pears, socks and rhubarb! What a lovely Sunday.

Luise said...

richtige Sonntagsfotos, ich versuche meinen ähnlich zu verbringen...
erst um 14 Uhr aufstehem- check!

Trixi said...

Yes, M83 - I like! Und Tasmanien, endlich! Hoffentlich klappt es dieses Mal!

P R I M O E Z A said...

also enjoying m83, tasmania is beautiful and you definitely should visit mr kitly. i was there a few days ago. i think it's my favourite shop in melbourne.

Ana said...

Love the socks, and thanks for the M83 link!

bawkbawk said...

Ahhh, Ive been making/eating rubarb and rasberry compote all week (inspired by a delicious breakfast I had at Pidgeon Hole Cafe in Hobart, which is my recommendation to you)!

fast times in münchen. said...

Sweetest photos Maria. Those socks would be perfect for a Deutsch Herbst. xx

jkd said...

i love the soft dark tones in the pictures!

Molly Hunter Korroch said...

I love this. Especially the pears-- so soft and romantic.